Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Little Gardener!

We bought our house almost three years ago and just this weekend did our flower bed. When they built the house they put a couple little shrubs in front of the windows, but I hated them, so a couple months after moving in we ripped them out with intentions of doing our own thing. That never happened. I had to work yesterday morning for a couple of hours then we had dinner plans with Katie and Eric. We figured we would have time to get it all done in the afternoon. WRONG! Digging up the ground is hard work! That is all we got accomplished yesterday.

We went to church this morning then came home and started at it again. Gracyn helped us out by supervising, digging, and putting dirt in the bucket. She was so exhausted this evening that I figured she would crash. NOPE! I tried putting her down three different times. I finally just got her and laid in bed with her in the guest room and she was out like a light. I guess she just wanted to cuddle!


Playing with a dandelion.


Remind me next time to get this girl a hat! She did not like the wind blowing her hair!


Digging in the dirt. She wanted to use the shovel so I brought out this sponge brush. She didn't seem to mind using it. I took it away once I realized she was sucking on it, GROSS!


Poor kid...looks like a ragamuffin!


Before!


After! I'm wanting to add some foliage and possibly some annuals. We have to wait and make sure I can keep these alive! Oh, and I finally got a bird feeder! I've been wanting one forever! Now, if I just had a little sitting area so I could watch them eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment