Friday, January 25, 2013

Week 17 - Baby Update

I didn't have a blog when I was pregnant with Gracyn. I started it when she was just a few days old. I always wished I had started it when I was pregnant with her.  A friend of mine does a weekly update on her pregnancy and I look so forward to her updates. In fact, I stalk her blog for these updates. After reading her update on week 9 I thought to myself, "Hello?!!! Why am I not doing a weekly update?!!!!" So here we go.

Week 17 - Onion
This week, the baby is perfecting it's yawn! How cute!!! Also, his nervous system is rapidly maturing. The nerves are forming more complex connections and the ones in the brain are further specializing into the ones that serve the senses of touch, taste, smell, sight, and hearing. The baby is becoming more aware of the sounds around it such as my heartbeat, my voice, and even Daddy's and her big sister's sweet voice!

How far along? 17 weeks

Total weight gain: up 8 lbs. I blame this on Thanksgiving. Christmas, New Years, and my birthday!

Maternity clothes?: Bella band has been in use! Won't be long though...my clothes are getting too unbearably tight!
Sleep: Sleep is fine when Gracyn isn't sick and sleeping with me.  

Best moment this week: Movement! The real deal!

Miss anything? Lunch meat!

Movement: Possible movement a couple of times, but for sure the real day today!

Food cravings: Pasta and fruit

Anything making you queasy or sick: No queasiness since 13 weeks!

Gender prediction: No idea.

Labor Signs: Nope

Symptoms: None really as of now.

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, unless Clint is mean to me. : )

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender on Valentine's Day!
 
Gracyn's take on the baby: She is thrilled! She will randomly come up to me and hug my tummy or put her hand on it and say something along the lines of, "He's so cute!" or "She's so sweet!" She is always talking about helping change his/her diapers and giving the baby a bottle. She usually always calls the baby a he, but when you ask her she will say she wants a baby sister. She said Sarah already had a baby brother so she needs a baby sister! There is no doubt in my mind that she is going to be a wonderful big sister! I can't wait for her to experience that!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the fruit/veggie baby update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at 8 lbs. after my 1st trimester and I had none of those holidays to blame! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your update is great!! 8 lbs is awesome!! I am at 11 lbs!

    ReplyDelete