Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January Update

This month has been filled with sickness...and a little Christmas. We'll start with the good first. We get together every year for a little Christmas gift exchange for Gracyn and Caroline. This year we were supposed to have a fun family get together, but due to sickness we had to reschedule.  Due to scheduling conflicts, we had to do it on a Friday night that Clint and Eric weren't available. Katie and I met at Chili's with the girls. We had appetizers, dinner, and dessert! It was nice for the girls to see each other, it just wasn't an ideal place because they weren't able to play. They still had fun though opening their presents after dinner in the lobby! They got the sweetest robes from me and the coolest slippers from Katie. Gracyn wants to wear hers all the time. She doesn't understand that they aren't actual shoes!
Sweet girls in their robes and slippers!

Goofy Girls!


Now for the downfall of this month...sickness. Clint came home on a Sunday morning from work saying he felt bad. Later that morning I discovered Gracyn had a fever. They both stayed home on Monday. Clint went to the doctor and was told he had strep throat. I took Gracyn to the doctor that evening and the poor baby had strep throat and the flu!!! Clint stayed home from work the next day and Gracyn missed the whole week of school. This is the reason we had to reschedule our original family Christmas. Two weeks later, Gracyn started running fever again and this time added a cough. I had to pick her up from school on Monday. I missed work on Tuesday and took her to the doctor....this time she had pneumonia! My poor baby has had a rough month! Somehow I escaped all the sickness, thank goodness!!!

Little Sickie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor baby girl!!! I'm so sorry you guys have been sick. It's been going around. We had it a month ago..still fighting coughs. I hope February is better!!

    ReplyDelete