Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sick Boy

Poor Cole has been suffering from vomitting cycles for months now. It all started around the time he turned six months old. This is also the time I stopped exlusively breastfeeding him and the time we introduced solids. We'd take him to the doctor and was always told "it's a stomach bug." However, I knew this was not the case. He goes a couple of weeks with no issues, then for about a week straight he throws up. It usully happens in the car. So people tell me that he is probably getting car sick. However, too many times it happens as we are pulling out of our drive way or a parking lot. So that can't be it.



Cole was finally going to get to go to his first Razorback football game! However, on the way there he got sick. So we met Jeffie and put Gracyn's carseat in her car so that Clint and Gracyn could go ahead and go to the game and I took Cole home to get him cleaned up.
 

Getting sick this often is exhausting. Poor guy.

A day we finally started to get somewhere! Daycare called to tell me he was getting sick and I needed to come get him. I took him straight to NW Pediatric Clinic. We talked with a doctor we hadn't ever seen before. I felt like she was actually listening to my concerns. She did not say the words "stomach bug" one time, which made me so happy! We went over different things it could be and scheduled an appointment to get an Upper GI Tract done.

At Collier's Drugstore waiting on his prescription. The doctor have him an antacid. She said it wouldn't keep him from throwing up, but would at least take the acid out of his throw up.

Patiently waiting to be called back for his Upper GI. They said everything looked normal. So we continue to monitor what he is eating and he had only had a few episodes. Oh yeah, so back when we met the doctor I had told her that I had noticed it has happened the last 2-3 times after eating citrus. So, she said to cut out acidic foods. That seems to be the trigger.

Look how cute and happy this little guy was after his appointment! We meet with the doctor again in January so we'll see what she says!


No comments:

Post a Comment