Monday, November 15, 2010

Looking Back, Part II

Two more days til the BIG day! I can't believe a whole year has passed. This time a year ago Clint and I were on our last date as just two of us. We went to Red Lobster and to a movie. However, the were many events leading up to this time last year.

SHOWERING US WITH LOVE

Our family and friends were shocked to learn we would be having a baby. Shocked, but happy. The first of our friends/family to find out was Katie, Jeffie, and Jake. I called Katie to find out what I needed to do. Clint didn't think it was fair that one of my friends knew so he insisted on calling Jeffie and Jake. Still not sure how that one was fair. We wanted to wait til we had our first official doctor appt and heard the heartbeat before we told anyone else, including our family.

April 27, a week after our first appt, we met our group of friends at Mexico Veigo (our favorite!)I was so nervous. Jake is the one that actually broke the ice when he said, "Clint and Peevy have some news." So of course, everyone stops and looks at us. I was so nervous I don't really remember how Clint told them. Everyone was excited and had tons of questions to ask.

April 29 I called my mom on the phone and told her I needed her to buy me a baby bed. She didn't quiet understand what I was asking for. She said, "Why do you need a baby bed?" I said, "Because I do." All I heard was screams and "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" I seriously had to repeat it for Janaca, then Jolynn, then Justin. She was excited, to say the least.

May 9 we went to Bristow for the Wild Flower Run. This also just happened to be Mother's Day weekend. I was so nervous about telling Clint's parents that I begged Clint to not make me go. We got there late Friday night. All I remember about this part is me sitting on the couch and Clint saying, "Well, you are going to be grandparents." Wayne said, "hmmm, how do you spell..." He was doing a crossword puzzle. Not the reaction I was expecting, although I'm not really sure what I was expecting. They were shocked, but excited to have their first grandbaby on the way!

June 23 sweet, baby Caroline was born! Two days later is when we found out we were going to be having a little girl as well. Katie and I were ecstatic that our little girls would be the best of friends!

June 28 my mom came up and we went shopping for baby furniture and bedding. We went to several different shops and I just couldn't find anything that I really like that fit our budget. We decided to go with a crib that Clint found online and a pink and green crib set. We defiantly owe my mom a big thank you for those two big items!

July 11 we went to Tulsa to register at Babies R Us. Clint's parents and Jeffie met us up there. We had a lot of fun as went up and down the isles wondering if our little girl would like this or that, these or those? Clint got a little carried away with the registering gun as I noticed things on the registry that I would never register for! I was getting more and more excited as each day passed!

July 25 was the Branson family reunion in Salem, AR. The Branson's are Clint's maternal grandmother's side of the family. Juanita has two sister's who were also expecting grandbabies that year. They decided it would be fun to have a "Grandma's Shower" after the reunion. We had a lot of fun and received many great gifts from family!

August 8 we finally started on the nursery!!!! Clint's friends were giving him a "man shower" out at the lake so my mom came up and we started painting. I decided to go with a green on the bottom and pink at the top. I love how it turned out!


Three days later the furniture arrived!!!



Gracyn's rocker...I love this chair!


The cradle, which Gracyn slept in in our room for about the first six months.

September 17 our childbirth classes started. At this point I am just 9 weeks away from my due date so am getting very excited! I loved going to the classes, because it just made everything seem real!

October 3 was my big baby shower hosted by Katie, Sarah, Jeffie, and Heather. It was the most fabulous shower ever! We received tons of gifts and were so thankful for them all!

Very cute invitation!

Beautiful Cake and Topiary! Katie made the topiary and it is now sitting on one of Gracyn's dressers. I love it!

The best hostesses ever!

My favorite gift...the afghan my mom made!

Such great friends!

40 weeks is a long time to wait for a sweet baby to arrive. However, I had such a great pregnancy it made it that much worthwhile. I really enjoyed being pregnant, but all good things must come to an end. Lucky for me, this good thing that was ending was just the beginning of a wonderful adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment