Friday, June 29, 2012

We've Come a Long Way!

It has been one year since Gracyn started gymnastics! Her first day was terrible to say the least!!! She didn't understand she needed to stand in line and do whatever the rotation was. All she wanted to do is play on the slide! I'd set her down and she'd run to the slide. I'd grab and take her back in line and she would just fight and struggle. It was miserable. I just remember one of the moms telling me that it would get better in about 4-6 weeks. I jut remember thinking I wasn't going to make it that long! On the 4th week, it was like something in her clicked and she knew exactly what to do! Sure, she still has her moments when she might throw a fit, especially if she isn't first in line or if another kid takes her turn. I simply take her out of the room and calm her down. Overall, she is a shining star in gymnastics! She absolutely loves it! She is always wanting to practice at home. I picked her up from daycare one day while they were on the playground. I went out to see her walking on a railroad tie with her arms out as if she was practicing her balance beam routine! HAHA! I love it! She has come so far in a years time. I can't wait to see where she is at come this time next year!

Modeling her very first leotard before he first gymastics class!

1st Class - The Infamous Slide!

Look at her working that bridge!

Crab Crawl on the beams. Miss Nicole was very impressed!

The bars are her favorite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment