Monday, July 30, 2012

Family Visit in Dallas

This past weekend we went to Dallas to visit my Aunt Karen and Uncle Dan. We had the best time ever, even if it was a very short trip!

I was hoping to take a half day on Friday but we had several other managers out on vacation so didn't feel right leaving early. Of course, I ended up stuck in the office till 5:30! I got home and hurriedly packed my stuff. Luckily, I had packed Gracyn up the night before. Janaca met us, then we headed to Van Buren to pick up Kaeleigh. We got to Sallisaw and decided it was time to eat. We finally made it into Dallas about 1:00am. I'm actually glad we got there when we did. There was a lot of construction going on and no one on the road at that time. Perfect!

We woke up the next morning to Aunt Karen making us breakfast burritos! Clint decided he wanted to go look for a Texas Rangers shirt so Janaca, Clint, and I headed to do a little shopping. We found them both a Rangers shirt and Gracyn a cute Rangers dress! I had packed a navy and white dress for her to wear to the game, but Clint just couldn't pass up the Rangers dress. Of course, I wasn't going to say no! We got back to the house and everyone was waiting on us to change into our bathing suits. We then headed to NRH2O Water Park. Aunt Karen kept telling us it wasn't "that big of a deal kinda park." Um....yeah right! This place was amazing! Take a look at the aerial view!

This place had several huge slides, a tadpole pool for tots, a bigger kid area, a wave pool, and a lazy river. I would totally drive 6 hours again just to spend a day at this water park.


Piper, Avery, Gracyn, Kaeleigh, and Zoe ready to go swimming!


Once we got into the park, we set up our little sitting area. We all headed to the wave pool. Once the waves started, we were all slinging back and forth and screaming and laughing. Gracyn was not a fan of this. So, her and I headed up to the tadpole pool. There were three little slides that Gracyn loved to go down. She went down it several times then we decided to go find Clint to show him what she could do. We ended up exploring other parts of the tadpole pool, including the lily pads. She loved jumping from one to the other. I wish I had pictures of this, but obviously not taking my Iphone in the pool.

It wasn't too much later that we headed over to the science center. It has an actual name, but I can't remember it. I assumed Gracyn was leading Clint up to ride the little yellow slides in the front. Wrong! She wanted to ride a big slide! Clint let her take him wherever she wanted to go and she walked up the stairs and right up to the big pink slide! We were both very apprehensive on letting her go down it, but she was not taking no for an answer. So I went to the bottom to meet her. It was HILARIOUS watching her come down the slide. She was half sitting half laying down with her arms and legs flailing about!This area of the park has constant water falling from it so as she came down the slide water was just pouring on her face. Poor kid....I don't think she knew what she was getting herself into!


How fun is this kid area?!!!!

The pink slide Gracyn insisted on going down!

Taking a little break at the wave pool.

After a couple of hours of fun in the sun, we headed back to the house. Uncle Dan was grilling out burgers while the rest of us got ready for the game. While I was packing Friday, I had Janaca steam my shirt I was going to wear to the game. Clint told me to just pack the steamer and steam the shirt before the game. So what did I do? I packed the steamer, but not my shirt! So after we ate, Clint and I headed to Academy to find me a shirt to wear to the game!

So about the game....the Rangers played the White Sox. It was hot. That's about it. No really, we had a lot of fun. When we were walking in Gracyn said she wanted to see the Pig Soiee's play. Then when we were in the stadium she started calling the Hogs. I guess she is ready for some football!

Aunt Janaca and Gracyn headed into the stadium!

Cheese!

Little snow cone eaters!

Silly cousins!

The photographer finally gets her picture made!

What a long day!

We had a great time and hope to go back next year! We got to see family that we don't get to see very often. Aunt Karen and Uncle Dan definately treated us all to a fabulous weekend and we thank them very much!

Ok I found this hilarious. We stopped at a QT (my favorite!) on the way out of Dallas to get donuts and coffee. We pulled right in front of a SafePlace sign! I thought only hospitals and firehouses were SafePlaces! I told Gracyn I was going to leave her there. She looks so sad! Haha!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment