Saturday, May 7, 2011

Deweytown Cemetery Cleanup

Last weekend we went to Salem,AR to Clint's grandma's house. Every year, the family gets together for the Deweytown Cemetery Cleanup. Yes, that's right. We cleaned a cemetery. It's a little cemetery in the woods....like IN the WOODS. It was really neat to see some of the old tombstones from the early 1900's. Old cemetery's amaze me. I love to look at the dates they were born and wonder what it was like for them growing up. The cleanup consisted of raking leaves and burning them, taking some old flowers off graves and adding new ones, and just tidying up. For me, it consisted of chasing Gracyn to keep her away from the fire! After awhile, I got Gracyn's ball out of the car and the kids and I went out to a little clearing and played kickball and caught caterpillars! Gracyn wore herself out so we went to the car for a nap. I woke up to Clint bringing me grilled hotdogs! YUMMY!


Gracyn showing Jayden what she found!


"Helping" rake leaves!


Chasing after Jayden!


Best Buds!


Playing on the big rock, which I later found out was the bathroom!


My little country bumpkin!


Snack time! This cracks me up...she had no idea she had a piece of cereal stuck to her face! I was laughing so hard!


After the clean up, we all headed back into town. We were all meeting for dinner at Aunt Cathy's house. Gracyn was a big fan of hugging on Jaykob. He wasn't too fond of it! The boys were being boys, running around and acting crazy. Gracyn joined in and had so much fun. At one point her bow came off so Clint gave it to me. Next thing we know, Gracyn was asking, "Where bow go?" Her first sentence!








This baby girl was exhausted! We got back to the hotel, she took a bath and watched some cartoons, then was out!


Watching cartoon as we pack up to head home!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. The mother of a co-worker of mine recently passed away. The family has asked that donations be made to the Deweytown Cemetery Association in lieu of flowers. We cannot find ANY information about how to contact the cemetery. In search of the information, I found your blog. Do you have any idea how we could get in touch with someone to make a donation? Thanks! Amy

    ReplyDelete