Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my Mama! I read this poem and literally laughed out loud, because I know you had to have thought this everyday!



I Want to be Locked Up
By: Joanne Fuchs

I want to be locked up
Away from everything,
Free from all the craziness
A mother's day can bring.

No planning, shopping, cooking
Three healthy meals a day,
Served up with love to finicky kids
Who throw most of it away.

No constant interruptions,
Dirty laundry on the floor,
Driving everyone every place,
Sibling rivalry (It’s war!)

No one asking me to do things,
Getting mad if I forget,
Me giving up my very self—
I’m the family marionette.

Prison sometimes looks appealing
(Or maybe the looney bin),
I get free time and three square meals;
With nothing to do, I win!

I want to be locked up
For freedom, time and such,
There’s just one obstacle for me:
I love my kids too much!


I can't even count the number of times you told us we were going to send you to the Looney Bin! I'm still kinda suprised we haven't! I know I was the easiest of the oldest four to raise (no point in denying it, we all know it's true,) but I also know I wasn't easy all the time. Thanks for all you did for me while I was growing up, and thanks for all the advise you have given me when it came time for me to become a mommy!I love you!


Me and My Mom!





I tried to get some pictures of me and Gracyn after church, but she wasn't being very cooperative.


She loves her "Yo Gabba Gabba!"


Laughing at Daddy!


This is the best I got! Love this sweet face!


The Pandora charm Gracyn and Daddy got me for my bracelet!

No comments:

Post a Comment