Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tabouleh Fest!

Last weekend, we went to Clint's hometown for the Annual Tabouleh Fest. We kicked off the day by running/walking the Wildflower 5K. This was my 1st 5K and let me tell you...my body hurt for 3 days! I can see where it can be addicting though and would like to do more in my future. Jeffie and I were planning on just walking it but couldn't handle getting passed up by 70+ year olds so we decided to jog part of it. Next year, we're going to try and jog the whole thing! After the 5K we ate lunch then headed down to the Tabouleh Fest!

So you are proibably wondering what in the world is tabouleh? According to the "all knowing" wikipedia, it's a Levantine salad traditionally made of bulgar finely chopped parsley and mint, tomato and spring onion, seasoned with lemon juice and olive oil. Originally from the mountains of Syria and Lebanon, tabbouleh has become one of the most popular salads in the Middle East. In the Arab world, but particularly the Greater Syrian region, it is usually served as part of the mezze, and is served with romaine lettuce. The Lebanese use more parsley than bulgur wheat in their dish.

The first time I tried Tabouleh, pronounced Tabbūle, I was not crazy about it. The more I tried it the more I liked it. My child, however, loved it the first time she ate it! Clint has made it several times and the girl will eat it up! It was no different this day!





At the festival, Gracyn got to ride a horse! She picked the horse with the yellow flower in it's hair since it matched her outfit!

1 comment:

  1. This cracks me up that there is a Tabouleh Fest! I remember we had to make that in lab in college & I had never heard of it. Imagine that -- an Alma girl never hearing of Tabouleh. (ha) Looks like y'all had fun!!

    ReplyDelete