Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Big Girl Bed and Paci Free!

We finally did it! We turned Gracyn's crib into a toddler bed! We haven't had any issues with her trying to crawl out of her crib. Instead, lately she had been asking to sleep in Mommy's bed, or the big bed. We decided it was about time we move her into a big bed of her very own. We went to a couple of furniture stores, but I wasn't crazy about any of the beds. I really wished we had bought the twin bed that matched her furniture suit back when we bought the furniture! I found a headboard at a place in Little Rock that I LOVE!!!! However, it's about $1,000 too much! I'm wondering if I can convince Clint and Jake to make it. Jake is pretty handy at building things!

So far, Gracyn has done really well sleeping in her bed. We've had two nights in the week that she had a hard time going to sleep and wanted me to sing to her over and over. However, we've had two nights that she slept all the way thru the night! This is a big deal! This morning she woke up as I was putting on my makeup. I went in there to check on her and she say got up and told me she needed to potty. That made me so proud! Oh, and we took the paci away!!! She has been using at bedtime only for the last year. We decided after Vegas we would work on taking it away. I wanted her to be able to use the paci on the airplane so her ears wouldn't pop and also to have at night since she wasn't staying with us. Little girl needs some security and normalcy! I was a little worried about how this would go. I got her memory box down and told her to put her pacis in the baby box. She threw them all in. I don't think she really realized what she was doing, because when she got in her big girl bed for the first time she reached up to the closet and asked for her paci. However, she hasn't asked for it since that first night!

Sweet, Sleeping Baby! She loves to sleep with her Cat Cat! She woke up one night crying out, "My Cat Cat, My Cat Cat!" I go in and find Cat Cat on the floor! Poor kid!



Every morning before we leave for school, Gracyn sits on her beanbag and watches Gasperd and Lisa while eating a yogurt. If she doesn't finish it she gets to eat it in the car. For the most part, she does just fine with it. There have been a couple of times she has gotten it all over her and her carseat!

She looks so grown up here! I just love that little smile!


I finally got the app, Instagram, on my phone. I haven't really played around with it too much. I have just seen a lot of people post pictures taken with it on facebook. I took some of my current pictures on my phone and played around with them. I just love the way this one turned out! I used the 1977 app and think this picture really looks like it was taken in the 70's!

This looks like a picture straight out of one of my mom's photo albums!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment