Friday, May 18, 2012

Wedding Day!!!

Clint and I woke up and went to his parent's room to see Gracyn. Then I left to meet the girls at Starbucks for breakfast, then we were going to get our makeup done. However, they didn't have any makeup artist there at 10:00 and told us to come back at 12:00. Not sure why they told up to be there at 10:00 the day before! So, we decided to take our Starbucks up to the room and start on our hair. Sarah asked if she could fix my hair...I was very impressed!!! She did a great job! Once noon rolled around we went down to Sephora for makeup. They had three Smashbox consultants there to do our makeup.
Becki did a great job on my makeup!

After makeup, we headed back up to the room to get dressed. At this point my nerves are starting to kick in. Not about getting married, I was just scared we weren't going to be ready in time and the party bus and limo were going to leave us! However, we were able to all get ready in time and made it down and in the limo without Clint seeing me!

This picture just cracks me up! They literally had everything you can imagine packed and ready to go!

The Grove was about a 30 minute drive from the Strip. When we first pulled in I was very nervous. It was just a building with a fence in the middle of brown, rocky desert. However, once we walked in the fence it was a lush, green garden area! I loved it!!!! It's exactly what I imagined it to be!

We had a few minutes to freshen up then it was time for the show to begin! 
The photographer took a few pictures of me as I was "getting ready" then it was time to begin! The ceremony was wonderful! We were so lucky to have our friends and family come all the way out to Vegas to see us get married! I can't wait to see the actual pictures once they come in!
 Waiting for me to come out!!!
 Saying his vows!
I love Katie's expression here! And my own!

After the wedding, the party bus and limo took us to Pampas Brazilian Steakhouse for our reception. It was delicious and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. We had great food, cheesecake, and of course wedding cake! I think I got a little carried away with how much cake I ordered because we had a lot left over. It was delicious, nonetheless!

Instead of a guest book, we had a guest book quilt. We played it off of what Clint's grandma does for their family reunion every year. We had cut fabric squares and had them sitting on the guest book table along with markers. Our guest were able to take a fabric square and write or draw a blessing or memory of us. I think everyone had a great time with it and I can't wait to get it quilted! It's something we will always have and use!
Guest book quilt!

After the reception, we all went back to our rooms to get ready to go out. We started off with The Piano Bar at Harrah's. We were called up on stage to lead everyone in the Chicken Dance. I felt like an idiot, but it was fun. The best part of this was when someone from Tennessee paid them $20 to play Rocky Top. We took up a collection of over $30 to have them stop playing Rocky Top. They knew the UofA Fight Song so started to play it as we stood up singing. It was great!

Once we were done at the Piano Bar we headed to Cleopatra's Barge at Caesar's Palace. We were able to get in and guarantee a table by buying a $100 bottle of Vodka. We all felt like high rollers! I had the BEST time here! The music was great, the mood was awesome, and we were just having a wonderful time!
 Katie and I taking a moment out from getting our groove on!
Too cool for words!

Once we were all danced out we decided we needed dessert. Where else would we go, but SUGAR of course! I had been eyeing the Lollipop drink all week, but since it was $36 I passed. However, this was my wedding day so I just HAD to have it! It was huge! I ended up sharing it with everyone and I think there was still a third of it left! Katie and I had order the macaroni cheese balls then decided we also needed milkshakes. Clint was very surprised when it came time to pay the bill. It was all worth it though!


Overall, we had the best time! I couldn't imagine doing our wedding any other way! We wanted to celebrate our wedding over several days and just have a good time! I didn't want to be stressed out and worried about this or that. I wasn't at all. It was perfect!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and your story! You look so happy and beautiful PV. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete