Friday, February 8, 2013

Week 19 - Baby Update!

Week 19
Hair is sprouting!!!! Will it be black like mine was? Red like Clint's? Or maybe brown like Gracyn's when she was born? His kidney's are making urine and the vernix caseosa (waxy protective coat) is forming to protect his skin.


How far along?: 18 weeks


Total weight gain: up 8 lbs. I'm sure less after the stomach/intestinal issues I had last week! It was terrible!

Maternity clothes?: Bella band has been in use! I bought a couple of new shirts that aren't maternity shirts but will allow room for my growing tummy!


Sleep: Decent. I'm in need of a pregnancy pillow! I'm getting one this time around! I heard they are amazing.

Best moment this week: Being able to eat an entire meal without my intestines hating me!
Miss Anything?: Eating my steaks medium rare. Clint and I went to Outback and while he enjoyed a nice, plump steak cooked medium rare, I had to endure a steak turned beef jerky!
Movement: A couple times a day. I love the feeling!
Food cravings: I eat an orange about every day, but that is just because they are delicious! No real cravings.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not now.
Gender prediction: No idea.

Labor Signs: Nope

Symptoms: None really as of now.

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but according to my desk partner I'm moody. That's just because I hold nothing back with her.

Looking forward to: Anatomy scan in 6 days!!! Boy or Girl?! People always ask me. On one hand, I would LOVE to have a little boy. We're just a sports loving family that it would only seem natural. On the other hand, I would LOVE for Gracyn to have a little sister! And who wouldn't want another little girl to dress in pink and hair bows?! So I will be thrilled no matter what the gender.

Gracyn's take on the baby: She is still super excited. She will randomly come up to me and "hug and kiss the baby." She really is the sweetest little girl!

3 comments:

  1. Well I actually think you are 19 weeks along not 18 which is what you have listed. And what is the fruit thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup 19 weeks...baby is the size of a Mango!! Gosh, Katie...don't you know your fruits?! Bwahaha!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Mango!! Thanks Amanda!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete