Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What's in a Name?

February 14....Valentine's Day. This was also the day we found out if we were having a little boy or girl! We had no names picked out...we couldn't agree on any!!! We had one name for a boy that we had tossed around before knowing if Gracyn was a boy or girl. So naturally we put it on our possible names list. I didn't like any other boy names. I had several girl names that I liked, but Clint didn't. There is one on that list that I'm pretty sure I would have gotten away with using if he had been a girl. I'm keeping it in my back pocket in case I'm lucky enough to get a #3 that happens to be a girl. : )

Once we found out we were having a boy we were so very excited!!! Gracyn was a little confused and would still say she was having a sister.  I took the day off so we could spend a family day together. We went to Build a Bear and let Gracyn build her nameless little brother a puppy! Clint bought me the Pandora duck charm, then we had a nice dinner at Red Lobster. We went at like 5:30 and ate with all the blue hairs. Totally worth it! We got in and out just in time to see the lobby filling up with Valentine Dates.

After dinner we headed out for furniture shopping for the little guy. We went to a couple of furniture stores and ended up finding something we loved at Ashleys. We got the ball rolling on that and should be receiving the furniture in about 4 weeks! Now we just need the crib! I already have his bedding fabric picked out and can't wait to see how it turns out!

So on to the name. Now that we knew we were having a boy I was able to narrow the list down some. Well, actually that's not true. As we only had one name on the list for a boy. I just wasn't sold on it. It just didn't sound right with our last name and I just didn't feel like that was his name. We spent a couple of days thinking about names. We pretty much decided that what we had on the list was a no go. We added 2 more names that we both liked. Monday morning on my way to work I just had this overwhelming feeling that this was his name! I called Clint after work and told him the feeling I had and he said he felt the same!!!! So we officially decided on our little boy's name...COLE MATTHEW!!
Gracyn even helped decide as this was the name she liked out of the two we were considering! It's so cute to hear her say his name. She refers to him by his first and middle name.

Little Cole Matthew!

Look at those little feet!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment